Research – Digital Learning, Talent and Performance Management Survey – 2019
Digital Learning, Talent and Performance Survey 2019
This year as we hosted our 11th Learning CAFÉ ME we were delighted to see new and familiar faces again. The year had been a challenge for Learning and HR professionals but our collective optimism was palpable for the year ahead. This year our topic was “The Age of Learning On-Demand,” and as part of this we offered an opportunity for the audience to share their insights via our annual survey. It was pleasing to see every single person from our esteemed guests participating, which gives us some fantastic data to share with our community.
Overview of Survey
The survey consisted a total of 13 questions and was completed by representatives of 70 large companies within different industries in the UAE. All participants were either Training and Learning Development Specialists or senior HR professionals. More than 60% of the participants stated that some form of Online-Learning was being used within their organisations.
Observations and Highlights
• Around 44% of the organisations surveyed said their L&D budget for 2018 were the same as the previous year, while 19% said it significantly increased.
• Over 55% said online learning had played a significant role in their L&D strategy as 28% said this to be on 50-50 basis.
• 68% agreed that eLearning will exist in the next 5 years.
• Around 61% participants had expressed that video based learning was either important or extremely important as a learning modality.
• Only approximately 15% had deployed social networking for learning with 6% of those unable to correlate any success from this.
SURVEY RESULTS : Click to download