Research – Digital Learning and Talent Survey 2018
Once again It was an honor to host the leading HR and Talent development leaders from the best organisations in our region. The participation of our annual survey once again was tremendous. The clear topic winner this year was “Digital Transformation”. We spoke about the death of the L&D manager as we know it, and the need for us all to ensure we were up to speed with the ever-changing world of technology. It’s not always a natural thing for many HR and Training professionals but we must embrace the change and learn ourselves to become more agile and knowledgeable.
Overview of Survey
The survey consisted a total of 14 questions, 1 of which were posed around demographics and 13 questions are seen as part of the research in this report.
Demographics & Survey Results
The survey was completed by representatives of 75 large companies within different industries in the UAE. All participants were either Training and Learning Development Specialists or senior HR professionals. More than 70% of the participants stated that some form of Online-Learning was being used within their organisations.
Observations and Highlights
- Around 47% of the organisations surveyed said their L&D budget for 2018 were the same as the previous year, while 11% said it significantly increased.
- Over 55% said online learning had played a significant role in their L&D strategy as 34% said this to be on 50-50 basis.
- 70% agreed that eLearning will exist in the next 5 years.
- Around 72% participants had expressed that video based learning was either important or extremely important as a learning modality.
- Only approximately 8% had deployed social networking for learning with 6% of those unable to correlate any success from this.
Survey Results 2017/18 : Click to download : Digital Learning and Talent Survey 2018
Please note: Use IE or Firefox as the browser to download this pdf.