Research – Online Learning, Talent and Performance in the GCC – 2017
Executive Summary :
It’s always an honor to host the leading HR and Talent development leaders from the best organisations in our region. This year (2016-2017) the participants where as enthusiastic as ever to share their thoughts on how we are going to develop our talent in another challenging upcoming year, where our leaders are asking us to tighten our belts and do more with less. As we unanimously rise to this challenge, we are thoughtful that we cannot simply halt training and development until things get better. We all agree things don’t get better unless we are all committed to learn, develop and grow.
Overview of Survey :
The survey consisted a total of 15 questions, 2 of which were posed around demographics and 13 questions are seen as part of the research in this report.
Demographics & Survey Results :
The survey was completed by representatives of 85 large companies within different industries in the UAE. All participants were either Training and Learning Development Specialists or senior HR professionals. More than 75% of the participants stated that some form of Online-Learning was being used within their organisations.
Observations and Highlights :
- Around 38% of the organisations surveyed said their L&D budget for 2016 were the same as the previous year, while 8% said it significantly increased.
- Over 42% said online learning had played a significant role in their L&D strategy as 38% said this to be on 50-50 basis.
- 68% agreed that eLearning will exist in the next 5 years.
- Almost all participants had expressed that video based learning was either important or extremely important as a learning modality.
- Only approximately 16% had deployed social networking for learning with 10% of those unable to correlate any success from this.
Survey Results : Click Here to download the complete survey.